If you have payment set up on your Apple TV® (4th generation & later models only), you can download the Smithsonian Earth app and sign up for a subscription directly from your device. Once you become a subscriber, you can set up a password for your account and use your credentials to watch on your computer or any of our supported devices.
- On your Apple TV, go to the App Store and search for ‘Smithsonian Earth’.
- Get the app and open it when it’s finished downloading.
- Inside the app, there are two ways you can purchase a subscription:
- Move your cursor to the top of your screen to open the menu and go to Account. Select ‘Purchase/Restore’ and on the following screen, select the large image to start your free trial.
- Or, select a video, press ‘Play,’ and on the following screen, select the large image to start your free trial.
- Follow the prompts on the screen, and once you’ve purchased your subscription, you’ll receive an email with a registration link for setting up a password for your account. Completing this step allows you to use your account credentials to access Smithsonian Earth across all supported devices, including our website.
After the free trial subscription ends, your monthly subscription will continue and you will be billed through your iTunes account. To avoid being billed, you must cancel before the end of your free trial period. To learn more about how to cancel your subscription, click here.