If you have payment set up on your Roku® streaming player, Roku® Streaming Stick® or Roku TV®, you can add the Smithsonian Earth channel and sign up for a subscription directly from your device. Once you become a subscriber, you can set up a password for your account and use your credentials to watch on your computer or any of our supported devices.
- On your Roku, go to Search and enter ‘Smithsonian Earth’.
- Add the Smithsonian Earth channel and select ‘Go to channel,’ or open the Smithsonian Earth channel from the Roku home screen.
- Inside the app, there are two ways you can purchase a subscription:
- Go to Account and select ‘Purchase/Restore’.
- Or, select a video, press ‘Play’, and select ‘Smithsonian Earth Subscription’.
- Follow the prompts on the screen, and once you’ve purchased your subscription, you’ll receive an email with a registration link for setting up a password for your account. Completing this step allows you to use your account credentials to access Smithsonian Earth across all supported devices, including our website.
After the free trial subscription ends, your monthly subscription will continue and you will be billed through your Roku account. To avoid being billed, you must cancel before the end of your free trial period. To learn more about how to cancel your subscription, click here.